photo by Joanne Garel
about me?! I was tagged about 6 months ago now, by another lovely blogger and internet friend, Erinn over at the happy living blog. Along with sharing some of my favorite things before the year is out, it's time I respond to my tag and share my 8 things, already! I woke up this morning, thinking it's time, it's time for this blog post. Because you know, for some reason and here's my first thing
1. I can talk about myself, tell stories, share opinions, any time, any where but if you ask me directly to share about myself, I freeze up, feel anxiety and don't know what to tell you. I'm having anxiety right now writing this. Sometimes I think I'm still figuring out how to just be myself.
2. When people ask me where I'm from, I don't know what to tell them. I'm not really "from" anywhere. I've lived in California, Florida and Colorado, and they all feel like home in different ways. I was born in Freeport, Bahamas, so sadly my dreams of becoming the president of the United States cannot be realized.
3. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, but now that I'm learning to surf, summer time in Southern California is a close second.
4. I once tried to break into the "Ocean's 11" premiere party, by scaling a small wall with my ex-husband and hiding in the very fancy celebrity porto potties. I came out just minutes too soon, otherwise we would've made it! (I had met Matt Damon, so nice by the way, while they were filming Ocean's 11 at the Bellagio, in Las Vegas, so you know, I thought I should go to the premiere party.)
5. I was married already for almost 10 years, to one of the best people I know. It was a wonderful time. I was happy, but it was also time for us to head in different directions for reasons far too complicated to share in this tiny post. Our marriage ended but our friendship continues and I'm so happy to report that both of our lives are going so well. I still believe in marriage, but mostly I believe in LOVE and I believe that things always work out.
6. I like to start every morning with a latte made from our stove top, Bialetti Italian coffee maker that Sean and I bought in Venice, Italy. And along with this I also want say that I adore Italy (who doesn't?) and have hopes of living in Europe part time, one of these days soon.
7. I have dreams, lots of them and they never stop coming. One of them is a dream of designing something, anything for Anthropologie, because I'm just completely head over heels for that store. My other dream is to appear in the annual holiday portrait ad campaign for the GAP. As I mentioned in my post a few days ago, my very first job, just days after turned 16 (I applied as soon as I became old enough because I idolized this store), was at the GAP. I think I'm a good candidate for their campaign, don't you? Teenage Gap employee turned artist?
8. I like to think that life just gets better and better. In so many ways, I've never been happier.
There, my 8 things. That wasn't so bad after all. (I actually think I may have squeezed in more than 8 things into my somewhat lengthy 8 things. Brevity is not my specialty.) Sean just woke up and and I asked him how he would answer these and being an improviser, he said "you know you should just write them fast without thinking too much about them". Since I've been losing sleep while thinking about them off and on for the last 6 months, I think that idea has gone out the window. Next time, next time someone tags me I'll improvise them!
I'm not going to tag anyone directly, but if you read this blog ~ let this be your tag to share about yourself, either on your own blog, or here in the comments. It's always so fun to read these and learn about you.
thank you Erinn